27 May Building Coordinator
OnPoint NYC is looking for a full-time Building Coordinator who will be the first point of contact for participants, staff members, funders, local community members, and guests. They will work across departments and must have exceptional communication as well as customer service skills. The Building Coordinator will work closely with and report to the Director of Operations.
Reports to: Director of Operations
Schedule: 3:30 pm-11:30pm, Monday through Friday
Pay Rate: Hourly: $19.23 – $24.72
Position Type: Full Time
Hours Per Week: 35
- Must be able to answer general questions and direct participants to the appropriate party when needed
- Must greet OnPoint NYC participants, staff, and visitors to the office with warmth and professionalism, guiding them to the proper personnel
- Answer incoming calls in a cordial, professional, and timely manner, transferring calls to appropriate individuals
- Maintain call logs and take accurate, thorough messages
- Handle general inquiries, following the organization’s policies and procedures
- Provide coverage/support for various operations functions as needed such as mail services and scanning
- Provide systematic and operational assistance to the Director of Operations
- Provide support to the Facilities Team by reporting any building-based concerns
- Maintain cleanliness in the lobby area as well as in front of the building
- Provide support to the drop-in-center team when shutting down building-based services at the end of the day
- Perform other responsibilities as directed
- Minimum 2 years of customer service experience
- Security experience is preferred
- Must have professional call etiquette and basic knowledge of telephone equipment
- Must have basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to clearly communicate with colleagues and participants
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Must be committed to the Harm Reduction philosophy and to working with marginalized people (mainly people who use drugs and sex workers) in a multi-cultural, multi-racial environment in a non-judgmental manner
- Must take a non-judgmental approach and have an aptitude to meet people where they are on the continuum of change regarding drug use, sex work, and/or mental and physical health challenges.
- Must be dedicated to advancing an agenda of equal rights and social justice for marginalized individuals such as sex workers and drug users
- Individuals from Northern Manhattan and the South Bronx are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
OnPoint NYC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate relative to race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, medical status, or history of incarceration. Individuals who have personal experience with drug use, women, people of color, members of the LGBTQI+ community, disabled individuals, and the formerly incarcerated are strongly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter outlining your experience and/or interest in harm reduction, Spanish/English proficiency, and interest in the position in addition to your curriculum vitae/resume. Applicants without a cover letter will not be considered for the position.
Please save your files with your last and first name followed by document title (e.g. Smith J Resume, Smith J Cover Letter)