09 Feb Custodial Associate
OnPoint NYC is seeking a Custodial Associate. The ideal candidate will provide day-to-day services to ensure clean working conditions for all staff. The position will be responsible for trash disposal, general cleaning of facility and all OnPoint NYC offices. This position reports to the Director of Facilities and Fleet Operations as well as the Facilities and Fleet Manager.
Reports to: Manager of Facilities and Fleet Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Rate: Hourly /Bi Weekly Rate $19.23-24.72 per hour
Annual Salary: $35,000-45,000
Position Type: Full Time
Hours Per Week: 35 hours per week. Monday through Friday – 9am-5pm.
- Maintain cleanliness of public work areas throughout the day which includes dusting, sweeping, mopping, wiping and cleaning restrooms
- Support deep clean of program spaces and offices as directed
- Support Director team to prepare building for site visits and tours
- When applicable, place safety hazard signs in the building including wet paint and wet floor warning signs
- Remove litter and rubbish from all rooms
- Position garbage and recycling on the sidewalk for pick up on appropriate days
- Coordinate and assist with junk removal as needed.
- Create monthly order supply list required for facility maintenance
- Report any maintenance concerns for repairs to Fleet and Facilities Manager
- Maintain building entryway including leaf, ice, and snow removal
- Perform regular sweeps and clean-up of the building exterior to ensure sidewalk, roadway, and external garbage cans are tidy and organized
- Power wash exterior of building as needed
- Respond to all major and minor cleaning crises
- Respond to diagnose, and resolve minor plumbing emergencies
- Strip, buff, and clean floors
- Assist in completing minor repairs and building improvements
- Perform other related tasks and responsibilities as assigned
- Clean all windows and windowsills on a weekly basis
- 2+ years of experience doing facility maintenance
- Preferred OSHA and relevant facility maintenance certifications
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, and email correspondence
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Polite, reliable and professional mannerism
- Excellent problem-solving skills required
- Customer service skills strongly preferred
- Ability to lift at least 70 lbs. as well as engage in physical work both indoors and outside
- Valid driver’s license preferred
- Prepared to execute all duties and responsibilities in a safe and timely manner.
- Demonstrated knowledge of work safety habits.
- Ability to work individually and with a team.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
OnPoint NYC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate relative to race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, medical status, or history of incarceration. Individuals who have personal experience with drug use, women, people of color, members of the LGBTQI+ community, disabled individuals, and the formerly incarcerated are strongly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter outlining your experience and/or interest in harm reduction, Spanish/English proficiency, and interest in the position in addition to your curriculum vitae/resume. Applicants without a cover letter will not be considered for the position.
Please save your files with your last and first name followed by document title (e.g. Smith J Resume, Smith J Cover Letter)