08 Feb Facilities Associate
OnPoint NYC is seeking a Facilities Associate. The ideal candidate will provide day-to-day services to create safe and efficient working conditions for all staff. The position will be responsible for facility management: maintenance and repairs for all OnPoint NYC offices. This position reports to the Director of Facilities and Fleet Operations as well as the Facilities and Fleet Manager.
Reports to: Manager of Facilities and Fleet Operations
Pay Rate: Hourly: $21.97-27.47 per hour
Annual Salary: $40,000-50,000
Position Type: Full Time
Hours Per Week: 35 hours per week. Monday through Friday – 9am-5pm. Occasional Weekends.
- Inspects and identifies equipment or machines in need of repair
- Plans repair work using buildings blueprints or equipment manual as needed
- Follows local and state building codes
- Complies with all company safety regulations
- Report any issues to the Fleet and Facilities Manager
- Responds to repair and maintenance requests in a timely fashion
- Performs general repairs that do not require a specialized technician. Examples may include repairing drywall, painting, and repairing doors and other building fixtures.
- Performs routine maintenance on building systems
- Orders supplies and materials needed for repairs and maintenance
- Installs equipment and appliances
- Loads and unloads equipment and tools into work vehicles if needed.
- Effectively and safely uses equipment, including power tools, hand tools, electric tools, and plumbing tools
- Check functionality of safety systems (e.g. fire alarm)
- Participate in different projects (e.g. renovations)
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations
- Maintain heating and plumbing to ensure functionality
- Inspect alarm systems such as carbon dioxide and fire protection and quickly schedule repairs when needed
- Perform minor fixes, such as repairing broken locks, damage to walls, etc.
- Performs major and minor drywall repairs, and safely perform drywall framing in accordance with local and state building codes
- Undertake activities of pest control such as spraying insecticide.
- Install necessary appliances and equipment as needed
- Ensure unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner
- Respond to all major cleaning crises
- Responsible for cutting door keys and maintaining a tracking log identifying employees who has specific keys
- Responsible for changing door locks, distributing keys to employees, and updating tracking log
- Replace electrical outlets, ballasts, and light switches
- Replace fluorescent light and other basic electrical tasks
- Mount, assemble, and install equipment/furniture
- Maintain building entryway including leaf, ice, and snow removal.
- Perform other related tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- 2+ years of experience doing facility maintenance
- Preferred OSHA and relevant facility maintenance certifications
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, and email correspondence
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Polite, reliable, and professional mannerism
- Excellent problem-solving skills required
- Customer service skills strongly preferred
- Ability to lift at least 70 lbs. as well as engage in physical work both indoors and outside
- Valid driver’s license preferred
- Prepared to execute all duties and responsibilities in a safe and timely manner.
- Demonstrated knowledge of work safety habits.
- Ability to work individually and with a team.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer
OnPoint NYC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate relative to race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, medical status, or history of incarceration. Individuals who have personal experience with drug use, women, people of color, members of the LGBTQI+ community, disabled individuals, and the formerly incarcerated are strongly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter outlining your experience and/or interest in harm reduction, Spanish/English proficiency, and interest in the position in addition to your curriculum vitae/resume. Applicants without a cover letter will not be considered for the position.
Please save your files with your last and first name followed by document title (e.g. Smith J Resume, Smith J Cover Letter)