08 Feb Fleet and Facilities Manager
OnPoint NYC is seeking a Facilities and Fleet Manager. The ideal candidate must be a detail and systems-oriented individual and will provide day-to-day services to create safe and efficient working conditions for all staff. The position will be responsible for facility management: maintenance and repairs for all OnPoint NYC offices as well as coordinating maintenance and repairs of vehicles, purchases of vehicles, etc. This position supervises the Facilities Associates, and reports to the Director of Facilities and Fleet Operations.
Reports to: Director of Facilities and Fleet Operations
Annual Salary: $58,000 – $65,000
Position Type: Full Time
Hours Per Week: 35 hours per week/Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm. Some nights and weekends may be required. Availability for emergencies may be required.
Facilities and Fleet Management
- Responsible for the effective, cost-efficient, and timely management of facilities functions as they pertain to day-to-day operations and maintenance management at both locations East Harlem and Washington Heights
- Oversees office cleaning and maintenance of office equipment at both locations East Harlem and Washington Heights
- Oversees the use of common areas and conference rooms to assure their safe use for their intended purposes
- Collaborates with program leaders, human resources, finance, IT, and a contracted real estate advisory firm
- Partners with management to ensure that all vehicles are ready and available for safe operation
- Supports Director of Facilities and Fleet Management to manage relationships with repair and maintenance contractors to assure safe and effective operation of all internal building spaces and systems
- Leases or purchases furniture and office equipment
- Purchases and oversees inventory of maintenance and cleaning supplies
- Manages access to the building to protect the staff and property of the organization, including distributing and controlling access to keys or other technology used for access control
- Maintain preferred vendor list for facility and equipment maintenance, repairs, and purchases
- Manage relationships with vehicle and equipment storage facilities
- Responsible for managing drop off and pick up of company vehicles at repair and parking facilities; managing program vehicle emergencies
- Develops and communicates safety procedures to all staff, and provides leadership and training to assure compliance with these procedures, including emergency procedures for fires, active shooters and other hazards and measures to limit the spread of Covid-19 and other communicable diseases
- Performs janitorial duties necessary in instances of staff shortages and emergencies
- Inspect all areas and ensure that standards are upheld; work is completed safely, in a timely manner and to a high standard
- Provide supervision to the Custodial Associates and Facilities Associates at both locations East Harlem and Washington Heights regularly
- Ensures all department supplies and equipment are stocked with adequate inventory maintained, to promote efficient and effective operation of department
- Proposes office and program supply vendors based on product availability, terms, and prices
- Support Distribution Manager with supply deliveries as needed
Direct Maintenance Support
- Performs general repairs that do not require a specialized technician. Examples may include repairing drywall, painting, and repairing doors and other building fixtures.
- Performs minor fixes, such as paint touch ups, snaking toilets/plumbing repairs, damage to walls, etc.
- Performs major and minor drywall repairs, and safely perform drywall framing in accordance with local and state building codes.
- Responsible for changing door locks, distributing keys to employees, and updating tracking log.
- Replace electrical outlets, ballasts, and light switches
- Replace fluorescent light and other basic electrical tasks
- Mount, assemble, and install equipment/furniture
- Responds to repair and maintenance requests in a timely fashion
- Maintain organizational key log
- Manage maintenance ticket system and triage maintenance requests efficiently
- Schedule, track progress and close out jobs in an efficient manner
- Maintain vehicle maintenance and safety schedule
- Manage renewal of vehicle registration and insurance
- Maintain fire safety inspection and drill schedule
- Manage purchase requests in accordance with department budget
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- 2+ years of experience doing maintenance, facilities management, and vehicle management is required
- 2+ years of experience in non-profit sector preferred
- Knowledge of custodial and facilities repairs
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, and email correspondence
- Proficiency in working with spreadsheets (Excel/Google Sheets)
- Demonstrated organizational skills and an ability to handle confidential information required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills required.
- Customer service skills strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written
- Experience in harm reduction preferred, respect for the rights of sex workers and people who use drugs required.
- Ability to collaborate and engage with staff at all levels- must exercise sound judgement.
- A desire to work tactically and strategically- possessing a hands-on approach required.
- Interest in working in a non-judgmental environment, where sex workers and drug users have a voice in the creation of programs and policies designed to serve them and “meet them where they are at”
- Valid driver’s license required
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
OnPoint NYC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate relative to race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, medical status, or history of incarceration. Individuals who have personal experience with drug use, women, people of color, members of the LGBTQI+ community, disabled individuals, and the formerly incarcerated are strongly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter outlining your experience and/or interest in harm reduction, Spanish/English proficiency, and interest in the position in addition to your curriculum vitae/resume. Applicants without a cover letter will not be considered for the position.
Please save your files with your last and first name followed by document title (e.g. Smith J Resume, Smith J Cover Letter)