24 Feb Harm Reduction Associate
The Harm Reduction Associate will conduct social media activities and support implementation of programs and services across OnPoint|NYC sites in collaboration with the Senior Director of Programs. Social media outputs include: interacting with targeted virtual communities and network users, frequently posting organizational milestones, as well as creating and sharing drug education and safer use initiatives.
The Harm Reduction Associate will report to the Senior Director of Programs.
Program Implementation Support
This position is responsible for providing systematic and operational assistance to the Senior Director of Programs as the agency works towards 24/hour operations in East Harlem and Washington Heights. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Senior Director of Programs in the development and implementation of new systems and workflows across departments including:
- Staff training/hiring in collaboration with the Director of Operations and the Volunteer and Training Coordinator;
- Programmatic policies and procedures in collaboration with Program Directors;
- Online outreach and advertising program expansion using various social media platforms in collaboration with the Senior Director of Development and Communications as well as a communications consultant;
- Community engagement related to program expansion in collaboration with the Director of Community Initiatives and Engagement;
- Facilities improvements and upgrades to support program expansion in collaboration with the Facilities and Fleet Department
Supporting OnPoint|NYCs Online Outreach
- Promote agency’s content, online outreach, ‘Canary Network’ and community engagement
- Maintain and grow contract-based online outreach efforts on active forums dedicated to discussing drug use, safer sex, and other pertinent issues as well as provide targeted education and training for relevant topics;
- Provide timely and informed responses to all online outreach inquiries;
- Develop online content including flyers to promote services, community events, and campaigns;
- Work directly with Program Directors to develop and disseminate ‘Batch Alerts’ and other alerts as directed on all forums related to the Canary Network; maintain up to date listserv of Canary Network participants ;
- Remaining engaged with news and media cycles to inform outreach efforts;
- Track and document all online outreach activities in line with contract targets and deliverables;
- Provide monthly deliverables and monthly reports to the Program Directors related to online outreach activities as directed;
- Complete deliverable submission and reporting on time each month/quarter
- Other duties as assigned including special initiatives and projects.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Experience with online outreach platforms such as Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and online dating apps such as Grindr and Tinder
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, Prezi, Canva, PPT and more
- Must be outgoing, organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and committed to working in a diverse environment.
- Must be punctual, dependable and extremely organized
- Must be a team player and able to work effectively with a large variety of personalities and abilities, pragmatic with excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Must be familiar with and believe in a harm reduction philosophy.
- Must take a non- judgmental approach and have an aptitude to meet people where they are on the continuum of change regarding drug use, sex work, and/or mental and physical health challenges.
- Must be dedicated to advancing an agenda of equal rights and social justice for marginalized individuals such as sex workers and drug users
- Individuals from Northern Manhattan and the South Bronx are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
Details at a Glance
- Full-Time Schedule
- Start Date: March 14, 2022
- Salary: USD $40,000 – USD $45,000/ year
HOW TO APPLY
Fill out the form below and upload your cover letter and resume.