OnPoint is seeking a Staff Accountant. This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining accounting records in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and preparing timely account reconciliation, journal entries, and reports.
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Annual Salary: $60,000 – $70,000
Position Type: Full Time
Hours Per Week: 35 hours per week/Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm.
- Assist in monthly and annual close.
- Prepare monthly journal entries to record accounts receivable, cash receipts, and contributions.
- Perform bank reconciliations for selected accounts.
- Prepare accrual journal entries as necessary, i.e. health insurance, accrued taxes, salaries, etc.
- Perform monthly account analysis for selected balance sheet and income statement accounts, investigating and communicating discrepancies.
- Review general ledger entries for proper revenue recognition of pledge receivables.
- Assist in preparing annual audit schedules and financial statement preparation.
- Assist in the investigation and preparation of monthly analytical budget vs. actual reports.
- Prepare government claim vouchers.
- Process bi-weekly payroll.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting and 2 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of not-for-profit organizations and accounting; familiarity with government (NYS/NYC/Federal) contracts a plus.
- Technical accounting GAAP knowledge and experience.
- Experience with government portals – (e.g. Grants Gateway/NY Statewide Financial Systems)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills – ability to relate and clearly communicate with operating management, financial staff and other departments, including professional writing style.
- Ability to analyze problems and recommendations and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to meet and prioritize multiple deadlines and work as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Work requires a strong work ethic and commitment to the organization’s mission, social justice, and commitment to working with a diverse staff.
- Experience in QuickBooks, ADP Workforce and Bill.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
OnPoint NYC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate relative to race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, medical status, or history of incarceration. Individuals who have personal experience with drug use, women, people of color, members of the LGBTQI+ community, disabled individuals, and the formerly incarcerated are strongly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter outlining your experience and/or interest in harm reduction, Spanish/English proficiency, and interest in the position in addition to your curriculum vitae/resume. Applicants without a cover letter will not be considered for the position.
Please save your files with your last and first name followed by document title (e.g. Smith J Resume, Smith J Cover Letter)