Serving East Harlem, Washington Heights and the Bronx, OnPoint NYC is a well-regarded harm reduction organization in New York City. The non-profit is an award-winning, innovative organization dedicated to improving the health, safety, and well-being of marginalized people who use drugs or engage in sex work.
The wide range of mobile and building-based services are delivered by upwards of 100 staff, and includes the first Overdose Prevention Centers in the United States, mass spectrometry services, safer use supply access and education, hygiene, respite and nutrition services, care coordination, medical and mental health care, onsite MAT and linkage to other addiction treatment programs, holistic care, and advocacy services. The organization has a $14 million budget made up of mainly government grants.
We believe that people who use drugs are more than their drug use. We seek to combat stigma and invite people who use drugs to participate meaningfully in society, instead of pushing them to the margin.
The values that guide our work include:
Believing that people who use drugs or engage in sex work are equal and valued members of society
- Accepting that drug use and sex work have always been part of our society and always will be
- Understanding that drug use and sex work exist along a continuum, and choosing to minimize the harmful effects rather than simply ignoring or condemning them
- Treating people who use drugs or engage in sex work with respect and dignity
- Acknowledging that people who use drugs or engage in sex work are fully capable of making their own decisions
- Working with people who use drugs or engage in sex work to reduce harm, empower themselves, and improve their own lives and communities
- Appreciating the experiences of people who use drugs or engage in sex work as a valuable tool for helping each other
- Including people who use drugs or engage in sex work in the creation of programs and services designed to serve them
- Recognizing the realities of poverty, class, racism, and other social inequalities are all part of the stigmatization of people who use drugs or engage in sex work
- Advocating against policies that disproportionately harm people who use drugs or engage in sex work, particularly low-income people and people of color
- Being committed to social justice and basic human rights for people who use drugs or engage in sex work
- People who use drugs are leaders of this work. We not only employ people who use drugs, but we also center their voices when developing policy and programming.
OnPoint delivers service without judgment recognizing that individuals have the right to:
- be treated with dignity and respect
- have access to health care
- be given the space to work on their own goals.
OnPoint NYC is proud to offer a highly competitive benefits package. These include:
- Sick Leave
- Annual Leave
- Health Insurance – medical, dental & vision
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program
OnPoint NYC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate relative to race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, medical status, or history of incarceration. Individuals who have personal experience with drug use, women, people of color, members of the LGBTQI+ community, disabled individuals, and the formerly incarcerated are strongly encouraged to apply.